Yes, the 1940s striped dess is almost done ! I am very pleased over all with how it looks and how it falls when I'm wearing it, I think using period pattern makes all the difference ! And I also made a second one from a cotton coupon I used for my regency day gown you can see here .
I just have now to find some beautiful 1940s buttons and also zippers for closure.
This dress was very easy to make, the pattern instructions were very clear and what I like that most is that it is from 1940 so the shape of the dress can't be more accurate. I recommand using period patterns for a total accuracy.
I'll rather be wearing the first one to stay at home, on lazy days. I forgot to take pictures of the belt, but new ones will be done once buttons and zippers are placed.
And my favourite one !!
That's all so far, hope you all like it ! ;)