Sunday, May 31, 2015

1940s striped dress - PART 2 : Almost finished

Yes, the 1940s striped dess is almost done ! I am very pleased over all with how it looks and how it falls when I'm wearing it, I think using period pattern makes all the difference ! And I also made a second one from a cotton coupon I used for my regency day gown you can see here .

I just have now to find some beautiful 1940s buttons and also zippers for closure.

This dress was very easy to make, the pattern instructions were very clear and what I like that most is that it is from 1940 so the shape of the dress can't be more accurate. I recommand using period patterns for a total accuracy.

I'll rather be wearing the first one to stay at home, on lazy days. I forgot to take pictures of the belt, but new ones will be done once buttons and zippers are placed.


 A good iron is required but I didn't have the time yet to do so.. that's bad !!!

And my favourite one !! 





That's all so far, hope you all like it ! ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment