Friday, April 10, 2015

1940s striped dress - PART 1 : Pattern and fabric.

Spring is here and I have envies of 1940s clothing. I found a pretty coupon of striped fabric in Paris for only 5€ and when I've seen it I instantly imagined an early 40s dress made of it.

I did some research about striped dresses of that period,  to have an idea of how it will look and I found pretty things!

Here are my 3 favourites :





I will be using an authentic pattern I bought on etsy a year ago, I've never used it before so I don't know how it looks in real once the dress is finished.

On this picture you can see the true color of the fabric I bought, as a redhead green is my color to go with!

And here is the pattern I will be using.

Tomorrow I will be cutting into the fabric and maybe start sewing if time allows me to. 

That's all for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment